Employability Skills Courses
Our Employability skills qualifications are intended for anyone looking to get into work, or wishing to improve their current job prospects. The courses offer a range of skills and knowledge to help you develop your current job seeking skills, and help you prepare for your next steps. These qualifications are great if you want support to update your CV, know how to create a targeted cover letter, or want hints and tips to improve your interview technique.
The employability skills programme is designed to build the confidence and self-esteem of learners, encouraging the development of positive attitudes to work, personal attributes and interpersonal skills that contribute to success in the workplace. Successful learners are empowered to apply for, secure and sustain meaningful employment.
At a glance:
Our qualifications are available at Level 1
- Level 1 Award
- Level 1 Extended Award
- Level 1 Certificate
- Level 1 Extended Certificate
- Each level lasts approximately 80-130 guided learning hours.
- We offer funded and co-funded courses (funding is subject to meeting the eligibility criteria)
Our qualifications are available as an award, extended award, certificate and extended certificate and can be studied alongside other courses, or as a standalone qualification. As part of the qualification, we will carry out a review of your CV and suggest any improvements to help you maximise your chances when applying for jobs. We will also support with job searching using a range of methods and specialist sites, and help you prepare for interviews with confidence.
Average programmes last between 80 and 130 guided learning hours. All learning is carried out online, with additional tutor support and workshops where necessary.
Each unit has a short, multiple choice assessment which can be completed in the centre.
Each qualification can be tailored to your needs, but modules will be selected from the mandatory and essential units to meet the minimum credits required for the qualification.
- Understanding How to be Successful
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Job Seeking Skills
- Equality and Diversity at Work
- Employment Skills
- Employment Rights, Contracts & Pay
- Customer Service Skills
- Understanding Pensions
- Building Confidence & Self-esteem
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Motivation
- Bullying & Harassment in the Workplace
- CV Writing
- Introduction to Catering & Hospitality
- Introduction to Transport & Logistics
- Introduction to Construction & Building
- Introduction to Engineering & Manufacturing
- Introduction to Business Administration & Customer Service Industries
- Introduction to Childcare Industries
- Introduction to Hair & Beauty Industries
- Introduction to Horticulture Industries
- Internet Safety for IT Users
Learners who complete our Employability Skills qualifications can progress onto higher level Functional Skills courses, or study a variety of other courses within CTP or with external providers. Contact CTP for information on progression routes.
Common progression routes include:
- Further and Higher Education
- Into employment
Age: 19 +
- No prior qualifications required
- Must not hold an equivalent qualification at the same or higher level
- Funded and co-funded qualifications are subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Must not be enrolled on the same, or equivalent, programme elsewhere
Contact Us Form
Use the Contact Us Form below to send us a message.